Monday, October 26, 2009

Reese's Links: Rodeo-Style Roundup

So I'm leaving for Texas in about two days. Less than two days. All-expense paid writer/editors conference in Austin over Halloween weekend (Halloween is on a Saturday this year!)= excuse to leave town. And no one can argue with that.

Obviously though, as any good little journalist will tell you, you need to do some research before you head off into these things. So I present to you, Reese's Links: Texas Edition.

First things first: the professional aspect. Here is the reason I  (and the other editors) are actually going to Austin to begin with. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 88th Annual ACP/CMA National College Media Convention.

Top Texas Halloween Festivals gives great insight on exactly what I'm in for, being in a town that shuts down streets (!) to celebrate All Hallows Eve. Although these aren't necessarily happening in Austin, I'm still excited to see how Texans get down.

I love nothing more than a good show, and this is the Live Music Capital of the World we're talking about, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

This directory shows the best happy hours in Austin. No ma'am, I certainly will not be disappointed.

And then there's this.

And, of course, I need to eat while I'm there. Tex-Mex or BBQ anyone?

I might be obligated to keep with a family tradition of visiting historical sites in every city across the country.

Really cool website: austinist.com tells me about halloween themed dance parties I might want to visit. Oh heck yeah.

That's it for now. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment