Monday, November 16, 2009

Heeere's Johnny!

Hey kiddies! I'm back from my stay at the Wal-Mart Novels--and what a stay it was! I've never become quite so intimately involved with the dirty details of the romance world, and boy did I dig up some... controversial stuff. A quick sampling:

Discovered a "spray-on condom" that promises "a snug fit for all sizes". Wtf? Yeah. Check it out.

Posted on the language of the romance novel, using a novel called "Deeper" as an example. Got the attention of the book's author, and will be receiving a copy in the mail to review here, on Reese In Pieces, this week. Should be fun!

Browsed quite a selection of romances-related sites, including Cosmopolitan, Men's Health (always good to get both sides of the story, I say) and a few dating blogs, which may or may not be relevant to the topic. Just things that popped up as I scoured the internet for the best in smut.

And finally, some insight on romance novel writers. Turns out many writers have similar stories, no matter what they produce. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment